XIX century villa with dependance and small garden right in the centre of a hamlet. Has on the ground floor entrance hall with nice vaulted ceiling, sitting room with frescoes with access to the private courtyard, garage, dining room with frescoes, spacious kitchen, storage and cellar.
On the first floor, reachable through a stone staircase, 2 bedrooms, study, third bedroom, and master bedroom with 2 windows for a total surface of 455 mq. Close by the dependance of 85 sqm to be restored. CLASSE ENERGETICA G. 443,03 kWh/mq anno
Cascina was an ancient fortified village, corresponding to the typical system of medieval “free towns” , which presented new features compared to the existing older structures. In the sixteenth and seventeenth centuries it was an important agricultural and commercial center due to its typical location on the artery that connected to Florence and to the port of Pisa. Cascina was often the battlefield in clashes between Florence and Pisa and famous was the battle of 29th july 1364, immortalized in a painting by Vasari and currently exhibited in the Palazzo Vecchio in Florence.
The city’s ancient history is written in the many monuments such as the Parish Church of St. Mary, the Chapel of the Sacrament, the Oratory of St. John, the Campanile, the Oratory of the Holy Cross, the Stefanini Palace and the beautiful wall town of the thirteenth century.